Thursday, June 9, 2011

We Lost the Battle...But Not the War

Congratulations to my running mate Cory Storch and to Vera Greaves on your victories.

To my family, friends, supporters, and voters, mere words cannot express the sentiments of my heart for all of the support given to me during this political process. My mother and father taught me biblical principles at an early age of which to live by. I continue to practice these principles today. 

I am proud to have run an honest and ethical campaign. I could not have done this without your ongoing support. Heartfelt thanks to my dear mother for your love and words of encouragement. To my deceased father, I know you would be proud of my accomplishment.

To all of the volunteers for canvassing the neighborhoods and making phone calls on my behalf, I say thank you. To my Campaign Manager, Dr. Inez Durham, for keeping me on schedule during this time, a special thank you.

To Adrian Mapp, Annie McWilliams, Rebecca Williams and Cory Storch for your endorsement and belief in my ability to serve and make a difference, a bona-fide thank you.  

To all of the Democratic City Candidates, thank you for taking a chance and running for the betterment of  Plainfield.  Congratulations to all who were victorious, and my abiding respect and heartfelt thanks to those who came in a few votes short. A special thank you to Frank and Liz D'Aversa for the extra added push you made on my behalf.

This experience for me, a newcomer, was incredible and I am in it to win it next time. The battle for change is ongoing and I pledge to keep fighting all the way to victory because I have God and you, the people, on my side. 

Let's move ahead, troops.  Forward, march!  Love to you all!!!!

Yours truly,

Dee

3 comments:

  1. Dee,

    While it was surprising not to see you elected this time around my thanks go to you for showing many of us that it is possible to disagree in an agreeable way. You candidacy this time for an elected position was a win-win for Plainfield, may you get elected next time you run.

    Maria Pellum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee,

    You ran a good race, and I am happy to have gotten to know you and your family through this process. It's not an easy thing to run as a candidate, as you saw--being mocked for serving as a caregiver to your elderly parents and all the rest that your opponent and her mentor threw at you. You remain ethical, independent, and honest--I am so happy that you will be serving once again on the Citizens Budget Advisory Committee--we need your expertise. I will see you once again at our council meetings, and I expect you to hold us all accountable!

    All the best,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee,

    You are truly a woman of grace, ethics, and a leader. Your composure through all the mudslinging and lies says more about who you are and what you stand for than any words put on paper.

    I hope you continue your service to the Plainfield community. We need you.

    ReplyDelete