Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mr. Green, Do Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures?

After prayerful consideration and the support of family and friends, I made a conscientious decision to run for Councilwoman-At-Large for the First and Fourth Wards.  At the Plainfield Democratic City Committee meeting this past April, I had the privilege of announcing my candidacy.  I did so with great honor and pride because I am willing to serve others.

In my comments, I stated “I am a bona-fide Democrat who served on President Obama, Mayor Sharon Robinson-Briggs, Assemblyman Jerry Green, Councilor Rashid Burney and Congressman Frank Pallone campaigns by making phone calls, canvassing neighborhoods, passing out literature, picking up the final votes after polls closed, word of mouth, etc. to help get out the vote for Democrats.  Also to my credit, I worked untiringly with the seniors at Plainfield Senior Center to address their issues and concerns, attended 95% of the council meetings over the last two years, and served on the Citizens Advisory Budget Committee (CBAC) last year.

Amid a great crowd of witnesses, you agreed that I had supported you whenever the need arose…I was there.  I did so because I am a servant who believes in serving others.  You, Mr. Green, were taken aback by the announcement of my candidacy and said, “this is my love, this is my love, this is my love. Had I known, had I known…. She didn’t come to me.  All the other candidates came to me but she didn’t come to me.”

I didn’t realize that if an individual wanted to run for office in the City of Plainfield it would be necessary for the candidate to visit you.  Blame this on my lack of knowledge about the politics of Plainfield. 

At the meeting, you further stated that “I only have one enemy in Trenton and that is Governor Christie but let us love each other.” Upon receiving your literature today, I learned that you called me a “Christie Republican.”  I find this to be very offensive and deplorable from a man whom I had great respect and high regard for.  What happened to the love, Mr. Green?  Why all of sudden am I being labeled as a Republican who is aligned with your number one enemy? Will you stop at nothing to win an election?

I realize that politics can be dirty but to attack my person, my integrity, and my honor is reprehensible and shameful, even for someone like you.  Where is your fairness to me…a person who worked hard to help you achieve your goals?  If you are going to attack me, then do so on the issues at hand. You were given many opportunities over and over to run for election.  Are you better than me because you have money and power?

I am not the lion because I do have courage, I am not the scarecrow because I do have a brain, and I am not the tin man because I do have a heart. I am confident in who I am because the Spirit within me also guides me.  My goal is to H.E.L.P.  The New Democrats will provide Honest, Ethical, Leadership for Plainfield, HELP which my fellow Plainfielders deserve.

Many of our residents have asked me, "Dee, how do you remain so poised amid these personal attacks by this man?" My answer is always the same:

"I'm a lady."


Yours truly,

Dee

5 comments:

  1. EXCELLENCE to the LADY!!!

    Through these Plainfield elections the New Democrat candidates have given their supporters honest, ethical leadership in Plainfield.

    At no time did you Halt to Endless Loathsome Lies [H.E.L.L.]

    Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Dee. You have my support. I like any person with the guts to do what is right.

    God bless you!

    Bob Bolmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee,

    This is a wonderful post--passionate and righteous, just like you! Many of us are used to Jerry Green's unseemly, filthy, sleazy attacks on folks who want to do nothing but serve the people of Plainfield. He has made it clear once again that he has no respect for women, no respect for seniors, no respect for those who must serve as caregivers for ailing parents--basically, no respect for anyone who he views as standing in his path to total control over our municipality. This is why he chooses candidates over whom he can exercise total control for contracts, votes, and support for his and the mayor's pet projects--such as the armory project. We have seen the results of Green's leadership--incompetence, patronage, and sleazy politics. It is time for him to go, as everyone at the state and county level has said--it just cannot come soon enough for some of us, and especially for those who have suffered for so long at the hands of his greed and ineptitude--the hardworking, decent citizens of Plainfield. Good luck to you on Election Day--"DEE DAY!"

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Dameron,

    Thanks for speaking up. I truly hope those from the first and fourth wards give you their support, I know I would.

    Thanks again for standing up and speaking up. Plainfield needs more, a whole lot more, people to do just the same.

    Maria Pellum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comments speak to your poise and grace. I can tell you there are more descriptive adjectives which I would have used to describe the vulture called Jerry Green. But, I will admit, I am not the lady that you are. Wards 1/4 will be lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete